The Casting Directors Are Searching for Owners and Their Pets for a FOX TV Pilot
Fox’s new show, ‘Zoobiquity’ is a lighthearted medical drama about a doctor that has teamed up with a veterinarian to come up with breakthroughs using unique procedures that would cross any bounds of the species. The medical procedural drama is based on a bestselling book ‘Zoobiquity: The Astonishing Connection between Human and Animal Health’ written by Dr. Barbara Natterson- Horowitz and Kathryn Bowers.
This book is fascinating because it depicts the medical breakthroughs that would be astonishing to watch because they are so unique and revolutionary. The show contains an unlikely pair of cardiologists that team up with a vet who is also socially awkward. Together, they work on complicated procedures, bridging gaps between various species like the world has never seen before.
The main characters put aside their differences and team up. Using their competitiveness in their respective fields, they both would find unique and brilliant solutions despite the tremendous amount of risks that they face.
The Casting Team Requires Pet Owners
The casting team has specific set of pets in mind and wants to cast them for the drama. It has to be noted that the casting directors require the following pets for auditions:
- A Cat
- A Great Dane
- A Parrot
All these animals are to be accompanied by their owners who would be cast as well, for the non speaking role in the drama. If you think you have the perfect pet to be cast for a new show and want to be a part of acting, apply now.
The show ‘Zoobiquity’ will be filming in Chicago and only locals are required to apply for the auditions.
The dates of the shoot would range from March 21st to April 04th 2016. The filming will be one day and the final date will be communicated to the cast when it draws near.
The Rates of the shooting are:
- $80 for 8 hours with an additional $35 pet bump
For Non- Speaking Extra Role of A Person With Cat
The extra required for the non speaking role of the person that owns a cat would have to comply with certain requirements. The age range for the cast is between 21 to 65 years of age and the extra can be male or female.
- One of the roles would consist of a person holding their cat in the air, so make sure your cat is comfortable
- The other role would be of the cat owner who would be having the cat sitting in his/her lap during the shoot and for that it is important to ensure the cat would be comfortable to sit on the owner’s lap for the entire scene and won’t jump off.
For Non- Speaking Extra Role of A Person with A Great Dane
The Great Dane is a large breed, but a domestic dog and the pet owners who wish to be cast for the non speaking role of the Great Dane owner must make sure their animal is comfortable around strangers and other animals such as cats and parrots.
The age limit is between 21 to 65 years of age.
For Non- Speaking Extra Role of A Person with A Parrot
For the non speaking roles of the parrot owners the age group is the same of all the others, which is 21 to 65 years of age with command and control over the pet so to ensure a smooth filming experience. The parrot must be comfortable working with other pets such as cats and dogs.
It is important that these animals are well accustomed socializing with humans and comfortable around other pets as they all would be working with each other during the shooting of the show. The pet owners will be working in the scene with their pets, so it is important the pet is very comfortable with you.
How To Apply For Auditions
Interested candidates may apply by emailing at: email@example.com
Also keep the following important points in consideration when sending an email:
- The subject line must contain the role you’re applying for such as ‘Person with Cat’, ‘Person with Parrot’ etc.
- The name of the applicant (full name) along with the contact information such as email address and phone number, has to be mentioned. Also, the non speaking role will require the applicant to mention their height and weight too.
- The picture of the pet with the name of the pet, age of the pet, and their traits including the experience (if any) of being around other pets; has to be mentioned in the email.
- A candid photo of the animal has to be attached in the email and that too in JPEG format. The photo doesn’t have to be a selfie or one taken in bad lighting conditions without any accessories worn by the animal.
- Send the picture of the applicant too and if there is one in scrubs or lab coat, it should be sent in the email. In either case, the face has to be clearly visible of the applicant.
- The title of the photo has to be the name of the applicant.
- Confirm your availability for the tentative shooting dates.
The chosen applicants would be contacted shortly for the auditions along with their animals!
Fill out the submission form below to get more auditions.